On March 30th, 2019, The Hang Seng University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong Shue Yan University, and Chu Hai College of Higher Education, Hong Kong will host a Business Simulation Game Competition for undergraduate students at the campus of The Hang Seng University of Hong Kong. All undergraduate students in Hong Kong are invited!
The Game Competition is the highlight of our pioneering project, “A Visual Platform for the Design, Implementation, and Analysis of Collaborative Business Simulation Games”, aiming to develop a visual platform for flexibly customized collaborative business simulation games that helps enhance learning experience and teaching quality. The business simulation game for the competition is designed based on the components provided by the platform, which aims to test students’ management skills on different business functions. Game story of the competition is based on the coffee industry, where students are challenged to select the right market, the resources spent on research and development, the best available supplier, the marketing strategy, etc. All undergraduate students in Hong Kong are eligible to form a team of three to four to register for the competition.
Unanticipated in-game events could happen and the decisions made by other teams could affect your results; in response, your team may need to adjust the strategy deployment each round. This business simulation game competition provides you a good opportunity to work as a team, and challenge against other students simultaneous in a virtual business environment. We sincerely invite you to join the competition.
Current undergraduate students from all local universities and higher education institutions.
1. Each team should consist of 3-4 undergraduate students (not necessarily from the same university nor higher education institution).
2. Students from all majors are welcome to participate but at least ONE team member must come from a business-related faculty.
3. Each team is required to have an faculty-advisor from the business department.
4. A maximum of 12 teams will be enrolled.
Duties of the Advisor
1. Nominate a team of students to register for the competition.
2. If the team successfully entered the competition, the nominator is recommended to accompany them to come to HSUHK on that day (or if the faculty member is unavailable to join the whole event, s/he is recommended to join the Debriefing and Award Presentation sections start around 3:15pm).
3. Nominate only one team is allowed, or all nominated teams would be disqualified.
1. Each faculty may only nominate one team to enter the competition.
2. All entries must be submitted no later than the registration deadline. Entry is available on a professional and diversified basis.
3. Personal data provided by participants will be kept with the straightest confidential standard, and will not be used for non-academic use.
4. Organizer reserves the right to amend the program of the rules and regulations. Should there be disputes, the Organizer reserves the right to the final decision.
When & Where
Date and Time: March 30th, 2019 (Sat) - 10am to 5pm (Simple lunch, and drinks are available. Free of charge)
Location: The Hang Seng University of Hong Kong (Hang Shin Link, Siu Lek Yuen, Shatin, N.T.)
Premium retailer cash coupon:
1st Runner-up: HK$6,000
2nd Runner-up: HK$4,000
March 18th, 2019 (Monday)
*An information kit on the competition details will be sent to enrolled team about a week before the competition date.